Hey,
As you MAY have noticed, I haven't posted for a while now....for a lot of reasons which I don't find necessary to mention. Anyway I decided to put Stoned Sun Vibrations on hiatus and concentrate my efforts to Downtuned Magazine ('n' Radio). Many of you probably know that Downtuned Mag is dedicated to the Greek heavy rock scene but since I've started Downtuned Radio too, I'm thinking of including posts about releases from all over the world. Apparently I'm going to keep a ratio but we'll see how it'll evolve.
From now on, you can find me on Downtuned Mag. And for any bands interested in reviewing/including them in radio's rotation etc., you can come in touch with me through the contact form over there. As I wrote above. I'll try to keep a ratio and at least in the beginning I'll try to "promote" mostly "smaller", more independent bands that deserve your attention.
So I want to thank each and everyone of you out there who supported, read, promoted and helped this blog. Also a big fat thanks to all the bands which helped SSV in their own way.
That's all for now folks! Thanks again! Maybe SSV will be back someday. Or maybe Downtuned will become better than SSV.... Who knows.
Be well and stay heavy!
Cheers,
Thanos
PS: Rock Trips Mixtapes will be back soon.... They'll be the only thing posted from now on. Perhaps some other personal comps too.

7.10.11

Solarized


Solarized are a stoner group coming from New Jersey, USA. They were formed by Jim Hogan (vox,guitar) and Regina Satan (drums) from the ashes of Daisycutter.  Lou Gorra (bass, he formed Halfway To Gone afterwards ) and Pete Hauschild (guitar) joined in too, completing the band's line-up. "Eight Ways to Sunday" EP was the first work they released in 1998. In 1999 their first full album "Neanderthal Speedway" was ready. In three of the songs Tim Cronin and Ed Mundell from Monster Magnet were invited as guests. Generally, the album's sound is close to early-Monster Magnet material.

In 1999, Pete Hauschild left the band and Solarized recruited Lee Stuart. But soon enough, Lou Gorra and Stuart left the band too. They were quickly replaced by Mike Fiore and Dave Topolenski. With this line-up they released their second full album "Driven" in 2001. Overall there isn't anything new in their music, just some awesome high-energy stoner rock with ample fatty riffs and fuzzed-out guitars. Generally if you're a fan of the genre then you're going to like them (a lot).




Take A Look:

No comments:

Post a Comment