Hey,
As you MAY have noticed, I haven't posted for a while now....for a lot of reasons which I don't find necessary to mention. Anyway I decided to put Stoned Sun Vibrations on hiatus and concentrate my efforts to Downtuned Magazine ('n' Radio). Many of you probably know that Downtuned Mag is dedicated to the Greek heavy rock scene but since I've started Downtuned Radio too, I'm thinking of including posts about releases from all over the world. Apparently I'm going to keep a ratio but we'll see how it'll evolve.
From now on, you can find me on Downtuned Mag. And for any bands interested in reviewing/including them in radio's rotation etc., you can come in touch with me through the contact form over there. As I wrote above. I'll try to keep a ratio and at least in the beginning I'll try to "promote" mostly "smaller", more independent bands that deserve your attention.
So I want to thank each and everyone of you out there who supported, read, promoted and helped this blog. Also a big fat thanks to all the bands which helped SSV in their own way.
That's all for now folks! Thanks again! Maybe SSV will be back someday. Or maybe Downtuned will become better than SSV.... Who knows.
Be well and stay heavy!
Cheers,
Thanos
PS: Rock Trips Mixtapes will be back soon.... They'll be the only thing posted from now on. Perhaps some other personal comps too.

13.10.11

Rock Trips Mixtape Vol. 8


Well a new Rock Trips Mixtape has arrived... Previous Monday's show was a great one, there was a bigger (than usual) company in the studio, a lot of laughs and booze too. We had a special guest -Kostis, a cousin of mine and Markos' friend- coming straight from Singapore who spinned a couple of tunes too.

When I first joined the show's company, I think it was much heavier. The last two times, the main guys behind the show (Sakis and Markos) seem to lost their way... Previous week we have some Talisman in and this one things like Tuxedomoon, Mary & The Boy, Mercury Rev...even Almodovar for god's shake!!! I hope that they'll understand their huge mistake and make it up soon! They know that whatever I write, I do it 'cause I care about them and I want to save their dignity in the name of heavy grooves. My beloved little black sheeps...
Anyway enjoy the mixtape, is a great one. Cheers!

Tracklist:
01. Silver Apples - Oscillations
02. Horseback - A High Ashen Breeze (Part 2)
03. Man Or Astro-man? - Song of the Two-Mile Linear Particle Accelerator Stanford University, Stanford, California
04. Agitation Free - You Play For Us Today
05. Rush - Something For Nothing
06. Sula Bassana - Lost In Space
07. Mare - They Sent You
08. Tuxedomoon - No Tears
09. The Montesas - Das Model
10. Mary & The Boy - Fuck Me
11. Pontiak - Thousand Citrus
12. Masters Of Reality - Ants In The Kitchen
13. The Oscillation - The Trial
14. Megadeth - Holy Wars... The Punishment Due
15. Honkeyfinger - Burning Skull Blues
16. Mayhem - Silvester Anfang
17. Neurosis - Belief
18. Matmos - Zealous Order Of Candied Knights
19. Mercury Rev - Holes
20. Almodovar & McNamara - Gran Canga
21. Ash Ra Tempel - Whoopee
22. Meathook Seed - Civilize The World
23. Wo Fat - Phantasmagoria
24. Mastodon - I Am Ahab
Part 1 / Part 2
Rock Trips On Facebook

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for this as well! \\m//

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome as always. I was brave enough to put my face in the "weirdest"(!!) mixtape of the series...

    ReplyDelete