Hey,
As you MAY have noticed, I haven't posted for a while now....for a lot of reasons which I don't find necessary to mention. Anyway I decided to put Stoned Sun Vibrations on hiatus and concentrate my efforts to Downtuned Magazine ('n' Radio). Many of you probably know that Downtuned Mag is dedicated to the Greek heavy rock scene but since I've started Downtuned Radio too, I'm thinking of including posts about releases from all over the world. Apparently I'm going to keep a ratio but we'll see how it'll evolve.
From now on, you can find me on Downtuned Mag. And for any bands interested in reviewing/including them in radio's rotation etc., you can come in touch with me through the contact form over there. As I wrote above. I'll try to keep a ratio and at least in the beginning I'll try to "promote" mostly "smaller", more independent bands that deserve your attention.
So I want to thank each and everyone of you out there who supported, read, promoted and helped this blog. Also a big fat thanks to all the bands which helped SSV in their own way.
That's all for now folks! Thanks again! Maybe SSV will be back someday. Or maybe Downtuned will become better than SSV.... Who knows.
Be well and stay heavy!
Cheers,
Thanos
PS: Rock Trips Mixtapes will be back soon.... They'll be the only thing posted from now on. Perhaps some other personal comps too.

16.10.11

Fjodor - Live In Loppen (2010) & Riding Through The Black Hole (2011)


Fjodor are a Croatian band from Zagreb. They formed in 2005 as a trio and after a few changes (extra members, guests etc.) they finally became a four piece band. From my understanding besides the main trio - core, a lot of members/guests come and go through time. I'll quote them as far their music's description concerned : "Fjodor is an instrumental psychedelic/space/noiz band influenced by lots of different music genres (Balkan and Oriental roots music, Krautrock, Jazz, Noiz, electronic, contemporary and classical music)", which is the best description I can give.

Fjodor sent me two of their self-financed releases, "Live In Loppen" which is a live recording from December 2010 in Loppen Club at Copenhagen with Lovro Zlopasha on synth/sax and "Riding Through The Black Hole" their second album which was released in 2011. Their debut album "I" (2008) can be streamed through their myspace but at some time soon will be available for downloading. They currently preparing their third one which will be recorded in February and they're looking for a label too (another band which deserves to be in a label!!).

Both releases are brilliant experimental psychedelia with a lot of extra instruments beside the "basics": guitar, bass, drums and synths (loved the sax), influenced by the wider area of psych rock and enriched by a lot of jazz/fusion passages and Balkan(& Roots) elements. Electronic and space additions work fine too (bringing in mind at some points something by Ozric Tentacles). Their ideas and compositions are top notch and make you feel like loosing yourself in a long cosmic jam.
It seems that Croatian psych scene keep getting bigger and better and bands like this one definitely need our support. Great stuff!
*Thanks to Aljosha from Fjodor for coming in touch.

MySpace # Facebook # Youtube


Take A Look:

3 comments:

  1. trippy jams and awesome echo sax. great discovery, man! I will repost if you don't mind

    ReplyDelete
  2. do you know order of tracks on Loppen album?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll be glad to repost it! Spread the music.
    No I don't know them. I got them as they are.

    ReplyDelete