Hey,
As you MAY have noticed, I haven't posted for a while now....for a lot of reasons which I don't find necessary to mention. Anyway I decided to put Stoned Sun Vibrations on hiatus and concentrate my efforts to Downtuned Magazine ('n' Radio). Many of you probably know that Downtuned Mag is dedicated to the Greek heavy rock scene but since I've started Downtuned Radio too, I'm thinking of including posts about releases from all over the world. Apparently I'm going to keep a ratio but we'll see how it'll evolve.
From now on, you can find me on Downtuned Mag. And for any bands interested in reviewing/including them in radio's rotation etc., you can come in touch with me through the contact form over there. As I wrote above. I'll try to keep a ratio and at least in the beginning I'll try to "promote" mostly "smaller", more independent bands that deserve your attention.
So I want to thank each and everyone of you out there who supported, read, promoted and helped this blog. Also a big fat thanks to all the bands which helped SSV in their own way.
That's all for now folks! Thanks again! Maybe SSV will be back someday. Or maybe Downtuned will become better than SSV.... Who knows.
Be well and stay heavy!
Cheers,
Thanos
PS: Rock Trips Mixtapes will be back soon.... They'll be the only thing posted from now on. Perhaps some other personal comps too.

29.10.11

Gideon Smith & The Dixie Damned - 30 Weight (2011)


Gideon Smith & The Dixie Damned are back after 3 years with their third killer release!!!! I hadn't the slightest idea that GS going to release a new record until yeoldstinkeye provided me the album. Released few days ago by Small Stone Recs. (I've wrote a lot of times before about the quality releases under this label), "30 Weight" will be in a lot of "best releases of 2011" lists. It has amazing bluesy grooves, a bunch of monster riffs, southern outlaws' spirit and of course the haunting, deep vocals of Gideon. There is no stop or pause by the time you put "30 Weight" on your player. For the time being I love this one more than their previous two albums. Maybe it's the overall darker feeling... Ah, I forgot to mention that it features to great covers in Saint Vitus' "I Bleed Black" and GG Allin's "When I Die". Highly recommended! 


Take A Look :

No comments:

Post a Comment