Hey,
As you MAY have noticed, I haven't posted for a while now....for a lot of reasons which I don't find necessary to mention. Anyway I decided to put Stoned Sun Vibrations on hiatus and concentrate my efforts to Downtuned Magazine ('n' Radio). Many of you probably know that Downtuned Mag is dedicated to the Greek heavy rock scene but since I've started Downtuned Radio too, I'm thinking of including posts about releases from all over the world. Apparently I'm going to keep a ratio but we'll see how it'll evolve.
From now on, you can find me on Downtuned Mag. And for any bands interested in reviewing/including them in radio's rotation etc., you can come in touch with me through the contact form over there. As I wrote above. I'll try to keep a ratio and at least in the beginning I'll try to "promote" mostly "smaller", more independent bands that deserve your attention.
So I want to thank each and everyone of you out there who supported, read, promoted and helped this blog. Also a big fat thanks to all the bands which helped SSV in their own way.
That's all for now folks! Thanks again! Maybe SSV will be back someday. Or maybe Downtuned will become better than SSV.... Who knows.
Be well and stay heavy!
Cheers,
Thanos
PS: Rock Trips Mixtapes will be back soon.... They'll be the only thing posted from now on. Perhaps some other personal comps too.

29.10.11

The Moss - Wulfram (2011)


The Moss were formed last summer in Portland and Wulfram is their first demo (!!!!) recorded last winter. If this  12-track release is a DEMO, I don't know what to expect when they decide to put out a full release. I wish all bands' demos were like this one here! Anyway let's get to the music. Here we have 40minutes of amazingly good Sabbath inspired psych blues with a lot of 70's heavy (without the prog in it) rock ideas and passages. The tracks have a great flow and I really like this back-to-the-basics, raw feeling it gives me every time I hear it. Great demo and I can't wait for a full release from them! Recommended to anyone who liked this year's Devil and Uncle Acid & The Deadbeats releases (although The Moss don't have these horror-esque chills Uncle Acid have) and generally to anyone into proto-doom stuff.
* Thanks to Adam from The Moss for coming in touch
You can stream the whole record from their bandcamp or download it for 6.66$.


Take A Look:

2 comments:

  1. This is cool indeed!
    By the way, there's another cool band more or less in the same proto-Sabbath/ retro doom psych vibe that you may like. They also remind of Witchcraft, but with Ozzy-like vocals. They are Kraken, from Sweden.
    I found them via blog A Distant Rumble. The band allows the download of the tracks from their debut album from Soundcloud. Really really cool!
    http://adistantrumble.blogspot.com/2011/08/swedish-listening-pleasures.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for this one Mari! I had heard them a while ago but I didnt know they had anything available and obviously missed them in Distant Rumble.

    ReplyDelete