Hey,
As you MAY have noticed, I haven't posted for a while now....for a lot of reasons which I don't find necessary to mention. Anyway I decided to put Stoned Sun Vibrations on hiatus and concentrate my efforts to Downtuned Magazine ('n' Radio). Many of you probably know that Downtuned Mag is dedicated to the Greek heavy rock scene but since I've started Downtuned Radio too, I'm thinking of including posts about releases from all over the world. Apparently I'm going to keep a ratio but we'll see how it'll evolve.
From now on, you can find me on Downtuned Mag. And for any bands interested in reviewing/including them in radio's rotation etc., you can come in touch with me through the contact form over there. As I wrote above. I'll try to keep a ratio and at least in the beginning I'll try to "promote" mostly "smaller", more independent bands that deserve your attention.
So I want to thank each and everyone of you out there who supported, read, promoted and helped this blog. Also a big fat thanks to all the bands which helped SSV in their own way.
That's all for now folks! Thanks again! Maybe SSV will be back someday. Or maybe Downtuned will become better than SSV.... Who knows.
Be well and stay heavy!
Cheers,
Thanos
PS: Rock Trips Mixtapes will be back soon.... They'll be the only thing posted from now on. Perhaps some other personal comps too.

8.11.11

Sisters Of Your Sunshine Vapor - Spectra Spirit (2011)


When this blog was in its early days I have made a post about Sisters Of Your Sunshine Vapor, a Detroit-based psych band, for their debut self titled album released in 2009 (you can check it here). Well since then I have a special kind of love for this band. And when they contacted me about their new album "Spectra Spirit" I got really excited. While I was listening to their new album, the excitement got bigger. And it's still growing every time I get back to it.  So you have my apologies if Ι won't sound objective but this album is fuckin' great.

The album features nine tracks of dark, mellow, fuzzy, sometimes heavy, aggressive in a way, bluesy psych rock. Hell of description, don't you think? They managed to create amazing soundscapes and a very dark (almost gloomy) atmosphere. The songs are connected perfectly with each other and the fact that it's recorded in analog equipment is a plus in record's feeling. I also loved the layered vocals as well as the lyrics which moving in surreal, meditative themes. If (under a gun) I had to pick some favorites, these would be "Untitled", "Black Mind" and "Sweet Girl Insanity".

I don't know how many of you have already checked SOYSV but I think is time to do it. "Spectra Spirit" is a well-written, well-performed and well-recorded work which I have no doubt that it'll please you. If you have the chance to catch them live, don't miss it (you can check their tour dates in the website). Their shows are an audio-visual excellence.

The album will be out in a few days (11th November). You can stream it or pre-order the vinyl from their website.

Take A Look :


No comments:

Post a Comment