Hey,
As you MAY have noticed, I haven't posted for a while now....for a lot of reasons which I don't find necessary to mention. Anyway I decided to put Stoned Sun Vibrations on hiatus and concentrate my efforts to Downtuned Magazine ('n' Radio). Many of you probably know that Downtuned Mag is dedicated to the Greek heavy rock scene but since I've started Downtuned Radio too, I'm thinking of including posts about releases from all over the world. Apparently I'm going to keep a ratio but we'll see how it'll evolve.
From now on, you can find me on Downtuned Mag. And for any bands interested in reviewing/including them in radio's rotation etc., you can come in touch with me through the contact form over there. As I wrote above. I'll try to keep a ratio and at least in the beginning I'll try to "promote" mostly "smaller", more independent bands that deserve your attention.
So I want to thank each and everyone of you out there who supported, read, promoted and helped this blog. Also a big fat thanks to all the bands which helped SSV in their own way.
That's all for now folks! Thanks again! Maybe SSV will be back someday. Or maybe Downtuned will become better than SSV.... Who knows.
Be well and stay heavy!
Cheers,
Thanos
PS: Rock Trips Mixtapes will be back soon.... They'll be the only thing posted from now on. Perhaps some other personal comps too.

1.11.11

Bonnet People - Demo(n) (2011)


I recently received a mail from Bonnet People for checking out their debut release "Demo(n)". Judging by their name - Bonnet People : people who "suffer" from Charles Bonnet Syndrome are mentally healthy people with often significant visual loss, who have vivid, complex recurrent visual hallucinations (fictive visual percepts). One characteristic of these hallucinations is that they usually are "lilliput hallucinations" (hallucinations in which the characters or objects are smaller than normal. The most common hallucination is of faces or cartoons.  Quite interesting condition if you ask me - I thought that they'll play at least something interesting. And after listening to it a few times, my thoughts were confirmed. 
Their music is totally instrumental based in jazz and avant-rock. Their compositions have a good amount of psychedelia in them and an amazing dark feeling from the beginning 'til the end. Don't expect extremities in their sound. The fear here is smoldering. It burns you without knowing it. It's like a calm visit of Phobos when you're sleeping. I think that this five-track release would fit perfectly as a soundtrack for a dark horror movie full of hallucinations and surreal images. Excellent stuff.

You can download it for free through their bandcamp page.

Take A Look:

1 comment: