Hey,
As you MAY have noticed, I haven't posted for a while now....for a lot of reasons which I don't find necessary to mention. Anyway I decided to put Stoned Sun Vibrations on hiatus and concentrate my efforts to Downtuned Magazine ('n' Radio). Many of you probably know that Downtuned Mag is dedicated to the Greek heavy rock scene but since I've started Downtuned Radio too, I'm thinking of including posts about releases from all over the world. Apparently I'm going to keep a ratio but we'll see how it'll evolve.
From now on, you can find me on Downtuned Mag. And for any bands interested in reviewing/including them in radio's rotation etc., you can come in touch with me through the contact form over there. As I wrote above. I'll try to keep a ratio and at least in the beginning I'll try to "promote" mostly "smaller", more independent bands that deserve your attention.
So I want to thank each and everyone of you out there who supported, read, promoted and helped this blog. Also a big fat thanks to all the bands which helped SSV in their own way.
That's all for now folks! Thanks again! Maybe SSV will be back someday. Or maybe Downtuned will become better than SSV.... Who knows.
Be well and stay heavy!
Cheers,
Thanos
PS: Rock Trips Mixtapes will be back soon.... They'll be the only thing posted from now on. Perhaps some other personal comps too.

9.1.11

Mugstar


Mugstar is one of the most remarkable and astonishing space/kraut rock bans of our era. Formed in Liverpool,England and since then they released a bunch of 7''s,EPs and three full albums. They play an excellent piece of  psych/space rock flirting with bands as early Floyd,Hawkwind,Neu!,Spacemen 3,Loop and Wooden Shjips. Their music is sometimes druggy,mesmerizing and sometimes heavy,intense,majestic.They transfer you to a trance state where the dreams and the visions become one with reality.They hypnotize you in a alternate kraut universe where everything can happen.For me they are in the table's head of modern space-rockers like Gnod,White Hills,Bardo Pond,Sleepy Sun,Titan and 3 Leafs.
I managed,except from the 3 albums,to find one 7''(Bethany Heart Star),the split with Mudhoney and their Peel Session.So,if anyone have anything from their other EPs I would be grateful to share it with me.



No comments:

Post a Comment