Hey,
As you MAY have noticed, I haven't posted for a while now....for a lot of reasons which I don't find necessary to mention. Anyway I decided to put Stoned Sun Vibrations on hiatus and concentrate my efforts to Downtuned Magazine ('n' Radio). Many of you probably know that Downtuned Mag is dedicated to the Greek heavy rock scene but since I've started Downtuned Radio too, I'm thinking of including posts about releases from all over the world. Apparently I'm going to keep a ratio but we'll see how it'll evolve.
From now on, you can find me on Downtuned Mag. And for any bands interested in reviewing/including them in radio's rotation etc., you can come in touch with me through the contact form over there. As I wrote above. I'll try to keep a ratio and at least in the beginning I'll try to "promote" mostly "smaller", more independent bands that deserve your attention.
So I want to thank each and everyone of you out there who supported, read, promoted and helped this blog. Also a big fat thanks to all the bands which helped SSV in their own way.
That's all for now folks! Thanks again! Maybe SSV will be back someday. Or maybe Downtuned will become better than SSV.... Who knows.
Be well and stay heavy!
Cheers,
Thanos
PS: Rock Trips Mixtapes will be back soon.... They'll be the only thing posted from now on. Perhaps some other personal comps too.

24.1.11

Devil - Magister Mundi Xum (2010)


Heavy doom rock straight from Norway! These guys don't reinvent the wheel or something, they just play great heavy rock in the veins of Sabbath,Pentagram,Witchfinder General. They manage to create a great retro atmosphere and make you move your head up and down without any exaggerations or by selling their image. The EP is just 23mins so the replay button will be used quite a few times. The point is that with bands like Ghost and the noise behind their releases, some really decent efforts like this EP,don't get the attention they deserve(in their own musical cirle of course). I mean that playing occult doom/heavy rock is kind of a hype now and most of the bands seem a little fake to me,trying to sell the style and all these shitty kind of stuff. I can't say the same thing with these guys. So,check them out as we are waiting for their LP (They're also going to support Electric Wizard on their first tour days).Cheers!

Enjoy!

MySpace

Take A Look:

1 comment:

  1. a very cool band indeed! I've seen them 2 weeks ago at the hammer of doom festival. they got a nifty 7" besides the new album! it's featured on my blog: http://underneathadyingsun.wordpress.com/2011/11/01/nod-to-the-oldest-of-schools-devil-from-norway/

    ReplyDelete