Hey,
As you MAY have noticed, I haven't posted for a while now....for a lot of reasons which I don't find necessary to mention. Anyway I decided to put Stoned Sun Vibrations on hiatus and concentrate my efforts to Downtuned Magazine ('n' Radio). Many of you probably know that Downtuned Mag is dedicated to the Greek heavy rock scene but since I've started Downtuned Radio too, I'm thinking of including posts about releases from all over the world. Apparently I'm going to keep a ratio but we'll see how it'll evolve.
From now on, you can find me on Downtuned Mag. And for any bands interested in reviewing/including them in radio's rotation etc., you can come in touch with me through the contact form over there. As I wrote above. I'll try to keep a ratio and at least in the beginning I'll try to "promote" mostly "smaller", more independent bands that deserve your attention.
So I want to thank each and everyone of you out there who supported, read, promoted and helped this blog. Also a big fat thanks to all the bands which helped SSV in their own way.
That's all for now folks! Thanks again! Maybe SSV will be back someday. Or maybe Downtuned will become better than SSV.... Who knows.
Be well and stay heavy!
Cheers,
Thanos
PS: Rock Trips Mixtapes will be back soon.... They'll be the only thing posted from now on. Perhaps some other personal comps too.

23.5.11

Slow Dazzle - Songs Of The Universe (2010)


Slow Dazzle is a trio (David Hibberd, Paul Mackey, Martin Dench) coming from UK formed in 2009 but current line-up was settled in summer of 2010. They have released a seven-track EP called "Songs Of The Universe" and at the time they work on their debut album which going to be released later this year.

Now about their EP.. Although it has good samples of songwriting, it lacks in production. For example songs like "Sunfighter" loose a lot of its dynamic due to production. Of course, that's something I understand cause it's their first work, it's self-released etc. I think that if you catch them in a gig, it'll sound much better and powerful.
Generally their songs are mid-tempo with some bursts and slow parts here and there. Personally, I liked more the "Sunfighter", a great rock driven track with a little punk in it (in which the voice reminds me a british oi/punk band but I can't remember which one) and "Song Of The Universe" which has a great guitar solo in it and it can be considered as their psych moment.

Overall, it's a promising release and shows that these mates love what they do. I would like to see some more heaviness in their sound, a thicker production and parts like the one that "Song Of The Universe" ends.
I'll wait to check their full album too cause from a couple of tracks I listened (they are on MySpace), sound more complete and more close to what I would like to hear (and they sound more like the band do now).

*Thanks to Martin from Slow Dazzle for coming in touch


MySpace

Website

No comments:

Post a Comment