Hey,
As you MAY have noticed, I haven't posted for a while now....for a lot of reasons which I don't find necessary to mention. Anyway I decided to put Stoned Sun Vibrations on hiatus and concentrate my efforts to Downtuned Magazine ('n' Radio). Many of you probably know that Downtuned Mag is dedicated to the Greek heavy rock scene but since I've started Downtuned Radio too, I'm thinking of including posts about releases from all over the world. Apparently I'm going to keep a ratio but we'll see how it'll evolve.
From now on, you can find me on Downtuned Mag. And for any bands interested in reviewing/including them in radio's rotation etc., you can come in touch with me through the contact form over there. As I wrote above. I'll try to keep a ratio and at least in the beginning I'll try to "promote" mostly "smaller", more independent bands that deserve your attention.
So I want to thank each and everyone of you out there who supported, read, promoted and helped this blog. Also a big fat thanks to all the bands which helped SSV in their own way.
That's all for now folks! Thanks again! Maybe SSV will be back someday. Or maybe Downtuned will become better than SSV.... Who knows.
Be well and stay heavy!
Cheers,
Thanos
PS: Rock Trips Mixtapes will be back soon.... They'll be the only thing posted from now on. Perhaps some other personal comps too.

26.6.11

Husta - Husta (2011)


Second Croatian awesome band I came across in such a short period of time, thanks to Zbane (Husta's guitarist/vocalist) this time who came in touch.Husta is a trio coming from Klanjec, a small city in northwestern Croatia and they formed 3-4 years ago. As they say the band started as a way to take out their boredom by jamming out. So a few songs were created which led to this self-titled album. Not bad at all...

The album features 7 tracks with total duration of about 46 minutes. Their sound basis is heavy psych but in a more straight forward way. I mean that they don't have too many "chaotic - lost in space" parts but they're focusing more in a punch-in-your face attitude but without forgetting their psych/space roots. Lots of Kyuss influence is present too, giving their music a stoner-driven vibe while in some songs like "Snailbong" they go deeper into slow'n'heavy depths of hell following Sleep's paths.

Vocals reminds me a lot of Danzing's with a touch of John Garcia. They make music more aggressive especially when Zbane shouts/screams where you can feel his aggression or other times the despair coming out. Accompanied by his guitar riffs, Hrbi's drumming and Igor's bass, they are the parts I liked most. I mean listen to "Bienverido" or "All Phenomenon Are Empty" and you'll get the idea.

I think that these guys worth the double if you catch them live. Their songs are ideal for further jamming in a live performance. Overall their debut is a great one and a highly enjoyable listening. I didn't find any boring moments and stuff. Just three guys knowing how to play, doing it primarily for their pleasure and really enjoying what they do. That's where really good music comes from after all!


Enjoy!
Facebook # Reverbnation

Take A Look:




No comments:

Post a Comment