Hey,
As you MAY have noticed, I haven't posted for a while now....for a lot of reasons which I don't find necessary to mention. Anyway I decided to put Stoned Sun Vibrations on hiatus and concentrate my efforts to Downtuned Magazine ('n' Radio). Many of you probably know that Downtuned Mag is dedicated to the Greek heavy rock scene but since I've started Downtuned Radio too, I'm thinking of including posts about releases from all over the world. Apparently I'm going to keep a ratio but we'll see how it'll evolve.
From now on, you can find me on Downtuned Mag. And for any bands interested in reviewing/including them in radio's rotation etc., you can come in touch with me through the contact form over there. As I wrote above. I'll try to keep a ratio and at least in the beginning I'll try to "promote" mostly "smaller", more independent bands that deserve your attention.
So I want to thank each and everyone of you out there who supported, read, promoted and helped this blog. Also a big fat thanks to all the bands which helped SSV in their own way.
That's all for now folks! Thanks again! Maybe SSV will be back someday. Or maybe Downtuned will become better than SSV.... Who knows.
Be well and stay heavy!
Cheers,
Thanos
PS: Rock Trips Mixtapes will be back soon.... They'll be the only thing posted from now on. Perhaps some other personal comps too.

10.6.11

The Grand Astoria: "Keep The DIY Musicians Alive!"


Just a while ago I read this message from The Grand Astoria and I thought it'll be good to spread it to anyone might be interested in helping the guys:

"Hi there!!
We really need some help now brothers and sisters!As you may know we don't have regular jobs,some of us live in the communes with non-comfortable conditions,we only live from our music trying to survive. We started the page at bandcamp to collect some money.All your donations will be used in a proper way!We will rent a van for the summer tour (we don't have ours,we rent it in Latvia and it's very expensive for us cos most of times we hardly get any money for the show),pay for visas (we are russians and we need visas and other stupid papers to travel in Europe),buy gasoline and food and record some cool new stuff in Lisbon,Portugal (the studio is already booked)

http://thegrandastoria.bandcamp.com

Dowload our latest record in the best quality!If you don't have any money you can dowload itfor free,just search in the internet!Nema problema.God knows we are always sharing our music for free

Thanx and SPREAD THE WORD!"



The Grand Astoria

No comments:

Post a Comment