Hey,
As you MAY have noticed, I haven't posted for a while now....for a lot of reasons which I don't find necessary to mention. Anyway I decided to put Stoned Sun Vibrations on hiatus and concentrate my efforts to Downtuned Magazine ('n' Radio). Many of you probably know that Downtuned Mag is dedicated to the Greek heavy rock scene but since I've started Downtuned Radio too, I'm thinking of including posts about releases from all over the world. Apparently I'm going to keep a ratio but we'll see how it'll evolve.
From now on, you can find me on Downtuned Mag. And for any bands interested in reviewing/including them in radio's rotation etc., you can come in touch with me through the contact form over there. As I wrote above. I'll try to keep a ratio and at least in the beginning I'll try to "promote" mostly "smaller", more independent bands that deserve your attention.
So I want to thank each and everyone of you out there who supported, read, promoted and helped this blog. Also a big fat thanks to all the bands which helped SSV in their own way.
That's all for now folks! Thanks again! Maybe SSV will be back someday. Or maybe Downtuned will become better than SSV.... Who knows.
Be well and stay heavy!
Cheers,
Thanos
PS: Rock Trips Mixtapes will be back soon.... They'll be the only thing posted from now on. Perhaps some other personal comps too.

21.11.11

Cultura Tres - El Mal Del Bien (2011)


Cultura Tres are a four-piece band from Venezuela and eight months ago they released their second full-length work, titled "El Mal Del Bien". Listening to Cultura Tres, you'll easily understand that they perfectly represent South America's spirit. They successfully blend various music genres and bands (sometimes diverse ones) which leads in producing a unique style of their own. You're going to hear influences from doom and sludge to thrash and death metal. From dark psychedelia to folk and tribal elements. So think it like South America's melting pot where a variety of cultures and civilizations blended (they're still blending actually) and created a multi-dimensional, original one.
The second thing leading to the parallelism I made above is that their music reflects the despair, the anger, the oppression and even the slavery that South America's countries confronts for a very long time now. They bring out Neurosis' despair and combine it with Sepultura's aggression.
Cultura Tres suck your soul into dark, gloomy, tragic places that you never considered their existence. Heavy, downtuned, crunchy sludge riffs combined with Alice in Chains-style vocals, half English half Spanish, was an amazingly great idea. The bands cover two songs too, the mighty "Black Sabbath" and "Holy Graveyard" by Epitafio (Alejandro Londono played in Epitafio too).
Overall this is a must-listen album for everyone. I regret for missing such great music all this time but thanks to Vania Yosifova from Leave Something Witchy Music Promotions, "El Mal Del Bien" took its "haunting" place in my music collection and in my 2011's best releases too. 

You can download it by paying anything you want from their bandcamp page

Take A Look :

No comments:

Post a Comment